• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats an engine worth?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Thinking about parting out my 21 khaos. What do you think a 21 850 with 1000 miles on it is worth?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Depends on whether you can find a motivated buyer: you might get more than $2k, or you might get nothing but lowball offers. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to throw a listing out, see what you get, and pull it back if you don't get a buyer for the engine and a few other pieces. Parting so new a sled seems a little extreme to me; good chance it's not worth the effort over just taking the best offer on the whole thing. Of course, if there's any way you can hang onto it until fall and sell it then...

P

pdaddyvr6

Mar 14, 2020
I paid 2500 shipped at the beginning of the season for a used 850 complete with sensors, recoil, throttle body, injectors, etc. Said it had 650 mi.................. I may have overpaid I guess, but its been fine so idk? Seemed fair at the time. I have seen wrecked (copart) machines go for less than 2k for the whole thing, I just didn't want to look around and wait, I needed something to ride right then as I was waiting on Polaris. Anyways, just like Bear said, if someone needs (wants?) one bad enough like I did, they will pay a premium like I did.

Premium Features