• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spring contact with shock body

jrscirocco

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2012
Maltby Washington
Noticed the left side spring/shock are making contact at full lock right turn/counter steer.

Raptor 3x rate spring on stock WE non-clicker shock.

Any advice on how to identify the issue short of buying new a arms and a new shock and a new spring? Maybe bushings or something?

Thx

aa6c0847514b8b92835fa229b388f84a.jpg
a23b99284e460c9170855ea763a2bd82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
Noticed the left side spring/shock are making contact at full lock right turn/counter steer.

Raptor 3x rate spring on stock WE non-clicker shock.

Any advice on how to identify the issue short of buying new a arms and a new shock and a new spring? Maybe bushings or something?

Thx

aa6c0847514b8b92835fa229b388f84a.jpg
a23b99284e460c9170855ea763a2bd82.jpg

Way too soft on pre-load. When you catch air (sled is weightless) the spring is so loose it's rubbing the shock. I had this happen to my RTS last year. Get your sled on it's side (no weight on it) tighten that preload (compress spring) til it at least holds the keeper (the piece that holds the bottom of the spring). I also have raptor triple rate springs and love them btw, they have a much different preload setup (spring length per preload) than the stock spring.

jrscirocco

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2012
Maltby Washington
Way too soft on pre-load. When you catch air (sled is weightless) the spring is so loose it's rubbing the shock. I had this happen to my RTS last year. Get your sled on it's side (no weight on it) tighten that preload (compress spring) til it at least holds the keeper (the piece that holds the bottom of the spring). I also have raptor triple rate springs and love them btw, they have a much different preload setup (spring length per preload) than the stock spring.
Roger that. Thank you for the advice.

I got the spring off and saw that it was bent. When talking to Raptor being too loose on the preload was one of the possible causes they suggested could be the cause of the bent spring/contact.

Ordered a new one and as usual Raptor customer service was on point.

Premium Features