• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How to fix the racheting on the 3.5 pitch

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Alright. I know there is an update from polaris. But who knows when it will show up.

My 21 khaos was terrible with ratcheting constantly tightening the track.

So what drivers do I need to get?

Thought there was a set from powder freaks that was an option. But unsure.

Will I need to cut rails? Anti stab?

Or do I just hold off and wait? First trip isn't till mid January, but like to possibly have the parts here for just incase.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i converted my 155 to a 165. i used ice age rails, cut tips. ice age anti-stab kit, and avid extrovert drivers

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I used Powderfreaks drivers and a MNTK antistab and was very happy. I was warned by many that used thinly built anti-stabs that they had failed and wrecked the track. Most commonly the outside wheels come off the cheap ones. It was intimidating at first but wa an easy job really. While you are doing it go for a big whel kit with 9" wheels in the rear. Spins easier and easier on the track.

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
We also went with Powderfreaks drivers and a MNTK antistab kit. You can see how precise the stock drivers were pressed on!!! Ugh!

IMG_6366.jpegIMG_6330.jpeg
IMG_6365.jpeg

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Do not waste your winter waiting on parts from Polaris that may or may not ever show up. I made the mistake last year of waiting for Polaris to step up to the plate and take responsibility and I paid the price three times and hundreds of dollars for it.

Get any extroverts and an anistab and enjoy your winter. If you're not confident have your dealer do it, but its really not a hard job. I can have the driveshaft out in about 20 minutes now by myself. Its so easy I actually started carrying the tools to do it in the field. Thanks Polaris!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Biting the bullet... are the powder freaks worth the extra money vs Avid. What's the difference?

Regarding vibration: The avids have slightly sharper edges that I'm convinced also chew up the windows of the track a little more, as well as vibrate. But that's an easy fix with a flapper wheel. Looks like some more material is removed out of the powderfreaks so probably lighter.

Pretty big price difference though. I defintely don't let either of the above keep me from buying avids which I've done on the two recent model polaris sleds I have.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Regarding vibration: The avids have slightly sharper edges that I'm convinced also chew up the windows of the track a little more, as well as vibrate. But that's an easy fix with a flapper wheel. Looks like some more material is removed out of the powderfreaks so probably lighter.

Pretty big price difference though. I defintely don't let either of the above keep me from buying avids which I've done on the two recent model polaris sleds I have.
I think the choice should be made on where you are and the cost to get them. Canadians likely do better buying in Canada. US Americans likey in the USA. Shipping over the border is a huge burden.

Lobster Carl

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2018
I have never had a sled come from the factory with the drivers centered correctly on the drive shaft.
It is pretty easy to fix though.

Premium Features