• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Alignment

P

projectprox

Nov 27, 2007
Minnesota
I just want to make sure that everyone agrees that the secondary is not floating like a polaris secondary. I've been checking clutch alignment based off the Arctic Cat service manual specs and this is what I'm reading. Is this correct?

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
secondary does not float, stock alignment is fine:beer;

M1000 - get the torque stop and extra engine mount

M800 - i made the extra engine mount fit, its was a pain in the butt, but the engine can only twist less with more mounts:beer;

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
Hey guys,if you haven't seen,look in general " epic pow day in Revy",I was there and had a blast,but I was riding with a yama crew,so they didn't take many Twisted pics.Any way,I have the second motor mount,but not the torque stop on the mag side.So does anyone know if it is one of Shain's builds or is it an oem part from where?I've been blowing the sh!t out of a 046 belt about every 200 miles,so I believe I need the stopper. And yes I break in the belts on the trail, and cycle them like Shain has suggested,so any input would be good thanks, Darren... ET.

M
Nov 9, 2008
Butte, Montana
I build a torque stop for my M8 using a 3/8" x 1" bolt, a 3/8" x 2" coupler, a 3/8" jam nut and an elevator bolt. I used a hard durable rubber on the flat surface of the elevator bolt. It took me about 30 minutess to build it and put it on.....works great!

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
I did talk to Shain, and the torque stop is actually a M7 one from AC,I just didn't want to bug Shain,but he was loading up to head to Revy after he seen the great conditions there.

M

misterjj

Apr 9, 2008
Hey guys,if you haven't seen,look in general " epic pow day in Revy",I was there and had a blast,but I was riding with a yama crew,so they didn't take many Twisted pics.Any way,I have the second motor mount,but not the torque stop on the mag side.So does anyone know if it is one of Shain's builds or is it an oem part from where?I've been blowing the sh!t out of a 046 belt about every 200 miles,so I believe I need the stopper. And yes I break in the belts on the trail, and cycle them like Shain has suggested,so any input would be good thanks, Darren... ET.

ny sled was kinda hard on belts no that bad my secondary broke & i borrowed my friends secondary it was an 11 inch cpc secondary. I had to run a smaller belt but the belt life was 10x better w/a 11.4 artic cat clutch. I ran on a M1000 twisted turbo. You might wanna check into that secondary works awesome.

Premium Features