• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chicken Wings

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
My main house heater is not working???

The fan turns on....the ignitor fires...the jets fire up for about 3 seconds then they turn off. Fans stays on...a minute later it refires...jets light up...then they go off...cycle repeats about 3-4 times then the whole system shuts down?

Anybody got the knowledge to know whats going on?

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
bad flux capictor............just kidding.....sounds like the thermocoupler is shot.....

if it lites momentarily, then goes into sfety shutdown....the thermocoupler thinks the flame is out....so it kills the system/gas.

Easy replacement, but might take a service call unless ya can remove it yourself.

then again, who knows........i just a dude on the internet.....

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
My main house heater is not working???

The fan turns on....the ignitor fires...the jets fire up for about 3 seconds then they turn off. Fans stays on...a minute later it refires...jets light up...then they go off...cycle repeats about 3-4 times then the whole system shuts down?

Anybody got the knowledge to know whats going on?

In my non professional opinion it sounds like your heater has a problem.

B

bdubs

Nov 26, 2007
Mine did this at the old house... Look up your model on de inner web and locate the flame sensor. Looks like a probe dangling to the side of one of the combustion chambers.. Find it and take some steel wool and go to town on it. Turn everything back on and I bet the problem is solved

If that's not it, then definitely the flux capacitor should be replaced

B

bdubs

Nov 26, 2007
Also the controller board on the unit will have a series of lights that will blink in a certain order as the furnace goes through all it's cycles. When the heater misfires and shuts off, there is a code that is shown through either a light staying on or blinking a certain way. Look up the diagnostic fault codes while you are at it and if u have to call someone out to fix it you can sound knowledgeable and avoid getting ripped off!

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
www.thundermountainlodge.net
Call Dave, or does he only fix your sleds? lol Take your filter out and leave it out and try and start, I'll bet that's it. New furnaces are very sensitive to airflow. It's usually a dirty filter or the flame sensor. Good Luck. Oh and if it works, you owe me for a service call!

Premium Features