• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STOP RIDE NOTICE: 2022 Polaris Matryx-- Merged the four threads together- Murph

E
Apr 29, 2017
Looking at my Throttle block, I do not see a ferrule on the end of the cable housing near thumb lever. The cable is free to rub the end of the cable housing? All of our earlier RMKs have had ferrules.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I didn't read most of this, but just wanted to say: Take this seriously. Even if it hasn't stuck for lots of miles, don't not address it and assume that you are good, or that a tether will save your life. It could still stick at the most inopportune time if not addressed. I will leave it at that. Be safe.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Here's the bends I'm talking about. Top one right after the barrel adjuster, bottom right before the throttle body termination. Not good spots for tight bends. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but just seems wrong to me.

View attachment 383485
That metal casing tube should have extended around the bend in the cable, because the standard cable casing was not designed to be bent in that tight of a radius, imo.

Premium Features