• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Eagle Valley Snow Drags Shootout

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
A big thanks to everyone that showed up to race or watch. It looked like everyone had a good time. Our volunteers were awesome in planning and running our event. Our sponsors were huge in helping us put this event into place. We even had a couple people donate their winnings back to our club (see the race results for details). We still need to update our sponsor page on the door prize sponsors and others that helped out. Visit our website to see who helped us out.

The "Felker Group" was quick on the track and quick to give back to the volunteers by allowing us to run pretty much all of their sleds while they flagged for us. They were seriously quick sleds and we all had a blast. Lynn donated his winnings back to our club.

Some notable SnoWest contributions came from Rob at F-Bomb racing. He donated a set of better boards for the 2nd year. Always good to work with Rob.

Donavon Facey at Xtreme Performance was a gold sponsor for the 2nd year. A big thanks to him for jumping on board with out hesitation. We never have to push him very hard as he seems to care about local racing and snowmobiling.

Wes from Brap Wraps was HUGE in donating new signs for our event to make it look super organized. He also donated 3 wraps for sleds for our door prizes. Some of the Felker sleds had some of his wraps and looked sweet out on the track.

Snow Big Deal and Mike Duffy also made donations for our door prizes.

We got a bunch of door prizes from Lane at Habor Vision and Marshal at The Clinic. These were some of the favorites with goggles, Klim gloves and other cool stuff.

Boyz Toyz in Eagle (Arctic Cat Dealer) also donated at the Bronze level and provided some door prizes. Thanks to Gary for coming on board with us.

We still have some event t-shirts left in blue and red if anyone is interested. They are sweet shirts and they are $15 for Holy Cross Powder Hound members and $20 for anyone else. See the attached pics. Both the blue and red shirts are more stone washed than pure blue or red. They also have dark blue and dark red ringers instead of the black in the pics. T-shirts are awesome, so get a few!
http://www.holycrosspowderhounds.com/Content/Pictures/Picture.ashx?PicId=86972&Size=L
http://www.holycrosspowderhounds.com/Content/Pictures/Picture.ashx?PicId=86973&Size=L
http://www.holycrosspowderhounds.com/Content/Pictures/Picture.ashx?PicId=71104&Size=L

Snow Drags Sponsorship Page:
http://www.holycrosspowderhounds.com/Default.aspx?pageId=263841

Check out our Results!
2009 Eagle Valley Snow Drags Results:
http://www.holycrosspowderhounds.com/Default.aspx?pageId=283119

attachment.php

sledshootoutlarge.jpg

Last edited:

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
This was a great event last year.. Sounds like it's going to be even better this year.

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
This event is getting closer....I know several people that are planning on going. How's the snow at the race site?

Should be a great event, especially since they've gotten the word out so much earlier with fliers at dealers etc..

Cobra

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
The snow is good. Our groomer will be out there this weekend and we will groom it daily up till the race. We should have our on line registation up and running today. Thanks.

J

Jimmy

Nov 27, 2007
Chiba, Colorado
Who is coming to stop the Ski Doo/ Felker juggernaut that ruled the roost last year?

Will Vohk make the short trip down from Kremmling with his Turbo M sled's? Or do they not dare leave the safety of being able to control the rules?

Will Xtreme bring out their big bore Polaris's with the drilled clutches? What about their bad turbo Yammie? Will they bring the guns or just send in their sponsorship money and just concede the races to the others?

How will it all play out and who will be the fastest?

Last edited:
L

Love-n-Life

Nov 26, 2007
CO
No doubt, there a some great dealers who are all respected tuners... Felkers sleds are always clutched and setup great. Extreme sleds have lots of different performance packages, focused on lightweight. VOHK has the handle on the new M Turbos, sounds like they rock.

Hopefully they will all come for a great day of competition and mostly fun!

There are lots of other dealers and "independant tuners" out there who will show up with some fast sleds as well.

I hope it's a great turnout. This state needs more events like this! kudos to HCPH Club..

I think they should start a dealer prep Stock 800 Mtn class, and they all put up added money for this one class. Similar to the unlimited class but for the average daily mtn rider to test his tuning skills on the sled he rides everyday?'

What do you think?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I think they should start a dealer prep Stock 800 Mtn class, and they all put up added money for this one class. Similar to the unlimited class but for the average daily mtn rider to test his tuning skills on the sled he rides everyday?'

What do you think?

We really want to get this event to a point where we have sponsorship money to increase the payouts for the open class and possibly the 800 Mtn classes. But our two biggest obstacles are money and volunteers. The good news is that the 800 mountain class (stock, improved and modified) is by far the biggest class group that we have, so if you win you will get a good pay out.

Felker didn't quite sweep last year (see our results from 2008 up above in my previous link). But his group of sleds were very impressive. They show up a little early and get those sleds dialed in. Felker sets the bar, and if you knock off any of his sleds you have accomplished something. It's all good fun.

We have bigger plans, but we need to keep fine tuning this event and then move forward. come get some.

J

Jimmy

Nov 27, 2007
Chiba, Colorado
We really want to get this event to a point where we have sponsorship money to increase the payouts for the open class and possibly the 800 Mtn classes. But our two biggest obstacles are money and volunteers. The good news is that the 800 mountain class (stock, improved and modified) is by far the biggest class group that we have, so if you win you will get a good pay out.

Felker didn't quite sweep last year (see our results from 2008 up above in my previous link). But his group of sleds were very impressive. They show up a little early and get those sleds dialed in. Felker sets the bar, and if you knock off any of his sleds you have accomplished something. It's all good fun.

We have bigger plans, but we need to keep fine tuning this event and then move forward. come get some.

It looks like Ski-Doo's won 21 of 28 class's run ! The womens class winner is the only one that I know of not tied to Felker.

There was a video a buddy of mine here in Eagle had that showed doo's should have won 22 of 28 class's. The first flagger to wave the flag in the unlimited race was correct the doo had the win. Then for some odd reason they looked at each other puzzled and gave it to the turbo yamaha. It was a close race that was for sure!!

I'm not here to try to brag up doo's I just hope some more shop's show with some fast sleds that will make it alot more interesting. I am hoping some of the IQR converted race sleds that are in the valley show up those things are sweet!!

Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFUpr2skCFA

L

Love-n-Life

Nov 26, 2007
CO
How is the track looking. A little worried that the snow may be melting away. What is the elevation there? Can you run a can in the Stock Class?

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Mearl

Cobra

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
You can run a can in stock classes. The snow if fine . We have been grooming the track. The elevation is 7700 feet.
Thanks Gusty

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Website updated with race schedule and online registration. Come check us out! Visit our sponsor page to see who is jumping in and donating for this event.

Think you are fast? Come prove it. Think you are not so fast? Come have fun.

Premium Features