• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moto's Meager Mods - Nytro MTX

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Subframe 101

All you need to straighten a subframe is some chain, a Peterbuilt, and a Suburban (in 4 wheel drive - or else it will spin on the concrete!)

straight3.JPG

straight1.JPG

straight2.JPG

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Maine
hahaha we did this to a 07 summit using an international plow truck and a john deere 310 backhoe and some chain. might not be perfect but it will get you back on the snow!

F
Nov 26, 2007
Bighorns Wyoming
Got chrome moly???

You could always order that nice chrome moly 1 for like what $1800 bucks and try to get it here by tonite so we can put in by tomarrow so we can ride!! LoL Oh wait its to late for that ! Bring the chain so we can fix it again if need be man:D:D

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
All you need to straighten a subframe is some chain, a Peterbuilt, and a Suburban (in 4 wheel drive - or else it will spin on the concrete!)

Believe it or not this does work. I did the same thing, F350 and a Lincoln navigator. The looks I got having a $30,000 sled being yanked between 2 vehicles was priceless.

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Okay, I've had a couple of questions on the rear axle.

It is entirely comprised of stock parts, with a bit of modification. The best part is... It cost me $0 and about 20 minutes, vs. the $90 axle kit.
  1. I re-mounted the adjusters to the outside of the rails.
  2. The one end of the axle has a bolt threaded into it - I removed the roll pin that kept the bolt in, took bolt out, drilled deeper into axle, rethreaded, cut axle to length, and reinstalled bolt and roll pin.
  3. I had to cut the original "center" spacer to length
  4. All of the existing spacers, etc. fit into place with no adjustments or trimming

Axle3.JPG

Axle2.JPG

Axle1.JPG

Last edited:
M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Nytro vs. Apex

In a moment of "proximity problems", I met up with an Apex track in a full tilt carve... you can see who won :mad:

vs Apex1.JPG

vs Apex2.JPG

AAANNNNNDDD.... Apparently, the THIRD time you straighten a subframe, it will not stay put. This was not caused by the contact with the Apex... Just 2 days of hard riding.

straight4.JPG

Last edited:
M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Gunnar Killer Tether (or Teather, for non-spellers) Install

*EDIT*
I no longer recommend the Gunnar. Nearly everyone that has run one, has had it melt. The wiring tips below are good for any other Yamaha compatible tether you may use.

Here is how I installed the Gunnar Killer Tether.

This way omits the factory kill switch, and also allows for a quick swap back to the factory kill switch if you have a tether failure.

Here is where I put it on the bars:

Tethr4.JPG

Here are the wires that run from the flipper block:

Tethr11.JPG

You need to cut the Tan wire, as well as the Tan / White stripe wire in roughly this area

Tethr6.JPG

Tethr2.JPG

Attach the black ground of the tether to the steering gate.

Tethr5.JPG

WIRE AS FOLLOWS:
Tan wire with White stripe - Green lead of Gunnar
Tan Wire - Red lead of Gunnar

IF YOU WIRE THE GREEN AND RED BACKWARDS, THE TETHER WILL NOT WORK!!! It will only dim the lights on your dash display.

Tethr9.JPG

Tethr10.JPG

Tethr8.JPG

Ask if you have questions.

Keyword: Nytro Teather, Nytro Tether, tether, normally closed tether, yamaha tether

Last edited:
Premium Features